RSS
email

INSIDE SCOOP ON NEW MUSIC FROM JUANITA PLACE

Juanita Place: Her Hero



1. Intro

2. Brand New (Music by B. Rice and S. Jones, Lyrics by B. Rice for Making My Music Publishing, BMI) …“This song was originally a concept taken from one of our favorite instrumentals to play. Shontez and I were rehearsing and came up with a new sound to our old standard. When I began writing lyrics, the dark quality of the sound gave me an image of an anti-hero preparing to save the only thing he really cared about…”

3. Hello Venus (Music and Lyrics by B. Rice for Kognate Music Publishing, BMI) “…this is a song that I feel is an accomplishment in my growth as a lyricist. It captures the moment that I have felt inspired by music and women who perform it, and the surreal imagery you see in the sounds. Also, it’s really a song that came to me after I realized I had a huge crush on one of the most unlikely female artists, and she totally doesn’t pay me any attention…”

4. Coming To an End (Music by B. Rice and S. Jones, Lyrics by B. Rice for Making My Music Publishing, BMI) …“I started this song by myself from a random melodic progression that just wouldn’t leave my head, which is how it normally starts. After I brought this song to the group, ‘cause I couldn’t finish it, it took on an entirely different feel. Shontez was practicing a lot of Latin rhythms that week, and couldn’t wait to get it in a song. This groove is crazy when we play it live.”

5. Just To Us ¤ (Music and Lyrics by B. Rice for Kognate Music Publishing, BMI) “…this is 100% true, I wrote this song after being caught in a very elaborate lie, which ended up getting me so stressed that I couldn’t eat, which is an amazing feat, cause I can ALWAYS eat, but this day tore me up. The result, I had to write in hopes that someone would hear, ‘cause the girl I had just pissed off, wasn’t having it…”

6. Percussive (Drums by S. Jones)

click here to read more


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: