RSS
email

NEW BLOG... THIS FOOL TOLD ME TO LOWER MY EXPECTATIONS AND IT WORKED!!

What would you say if i told you to, "lower your expectations"? You'd probably look at me as if I passed gas in a crowded elevator! To be honest, that's the look I had on my face as read the two page section from the book "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff at Work".... The idea of someone telling me to lower my expectations just seems obsurd.

When I continued to read I realized how much sense it made. Why would we assume that in life everyone we meet, date, work or interact with will give us 100% of what we expect 100% of the time? Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying to go around expecting the worse from everyone, rather to accept that fact that you will meet people who aren't what or who you expect them to be. Be it the non communicating boy friend/girl friend, the "do the bare minimum" co-worker, or better yet the customer service rep who hates everything about customer service. We will meet them all, over and over again through out the course of our lifetime and yet we don't adjust our thinking to account for it.

We're all human and the sooner we realize that the bumps in the road are simply a part of the commute. The faster make the adjustment for these bumps, more enjoyable the ride will be. LEAVE A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?


Life's Short


B. Free


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: