RSS
email

Pumpkin Pie, Men and Sexual Arousal



Yesterday, a friend sent me a link to an article published on AOL.com about a study involving men and scents.

Men and scents. Hmmm. We buy perfumes, body lotions and butters to not only smell good, but to keep our boyfriend or hubby in the nook of our necks, his hands in our hair and his kisses on our hands and arms, and every place else, hehe. I've recently started using heavier fragrances in my butters for more of a lasting smell. Early on, I used light scents that would fade after application. I loved the way the pumpkin pie fragrance smelled. It wasn't overpowering and it lasts. So, a customer of mine recently said to me that men have been clamoring over her since she's been using my Pumpkin Pie Butter. Men love the smell. They want to know what it is, and then they ask her for her number! After this, I figured, hey, I have a new marketing angle! It wasn't until I received this link to the article yesterday that I really believe that Pumpkin Pie Butter should be a must-have in every woman's "arsenal."

In the article, "What Turns Men On? The Smell of Pumpkin Pie, Researchers Say" a study was being conducted initially on patients who have lost their sense of smell due to head trauma. This study from the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation out of Chicago has found that the scent of Pumpkin Pie with a bit of lavender mixed in, increased sexual arousal faster in men than any other perfume on the market.

In the study, Dr. Alan Hirsch, measured penile blood flow and food scents topped the list over the more floral scents from perfume in regards to sexual arousal. He states that men who lose their sense of scent due to head trauma also lose their sexual arousal. I'm thinking that the high notes of cinnamon may have something to do with them gaining a bit of their sexual arousal back, but I may be wrong, just my theory.  The Dr. and his colleagues are trying to figure out, "Why pumpkin pie?" They are suggesting because it reminds men of their childhood or old girlfriends maybe. My guess is that it reminds them of a good and happy place. Pumpkin pie is made during holidays and holidays are mostly fun for us all. So, just how your favorite toy from childhood brings you a feeling of happiness, I would guess that the smell of pumpkin pie would do the same. So, Dr. Hirsch states that, "Maybe the scent induces men to be more relaxed." Oh, and if older men are your type, try vanilla scented perfumes and body lotions, the demographic for this is 60+ so if you're looking for a hefty life insurance policy... that may be the scent for you. Rarrr!

For more information about my Belle Butters products, please click here.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: